Please indicate your agreement with the following statements:
1. If I think something unpleasant is going to happen, I usually get pretty worked up.
2. I worry about making mistakes.
3. Criticism or scolding hurts me quite a bit.
4. I feel pretty worried or upset when I think or know somebody is angry at me.
5. Even if something bad is about to happen to me, I rarely experience fear or nervousness. *
6. I feel worried when I think I have done poorly at something.
7. I have very few fears compared to my friends. *
BAS Reward Responsiveness
1. When I get something I want, I feel excited and energized.
2. When I am doing well at something, I love to keep at it.
3. When good things happen to me, it affects me strongly.
4. It would excite me to win a contest.
5. When I see an opportunity for something I like, I get excited right away.
1. When I want something, I usually go all-out to get it.
2. I go out of my way to get things I want.
3. If I see a chance to get something I want, I move on it right away.
4. When I go after something, I use a “no-holds-barred” approach.
BAS Fun Seeking
1. I will often do things for no other reason than that they might be fun.
2. I crave excitement and new sensations.
3. I’m always willing to try something new if I think it will be fun.
4. I often act on the spur of the moment.
Items with * are reverse coded.
Source: Carver, C. S., & White, T. L. (1994). Behavioral inhibition, behavioral activation, and affective responses to impending reward and punishment: the BIS/BAS scales. Journal of personality and social psychology, 67(2), 319.