1. They don’t make ’em like they used to.
2. Things used to be better in the good old days.
3. Products are getting shoddier and shoddier.
4. Technological change will insure a brighter future.*
5. History involves a steady improvement in human welfare.*
6. We are experiencing a decline in the quality of life.
7. Steady growth of GNP has brought increased human happiness.*
8. Modern business constantly builds a better tomorrow.*
Items with * are reverse coded.
Source: Holbrook, M. B. (1993). Nostalgia and consumption preferences: Some emerging patterns of consumer tastes. Journal of Consumer research, 245-256.