The conference will be held at Maikoya Heritage House, Japan’s prominent cultural experience museum. Maikoya Osaka is a 6-floor unique building that combines zen and Japanese architecture that is located in the heart of Osaka. ATERA is given this unique privilege of holding an academic conference in the Edo-style rooms of Maikoya. The venue can be easily accessed from the Kansai International Airport (about 50 min. bus ride) and is only a train stop away from Shinsaibashi, the most popular spot in the city.
Address: Maikoya Osaka, Osaka-shi, Nishi-ku , Shinmachi 1-22-7 550-0013 Phone: 06-6556-6247
Toyoko Inn Shinsaibashi (about 2-minute walk from the venue)
Via Inn Shinsaibashi (about 2-minute walk from the venue)
Daiwa House Roynet Yotsubashi (about 3-minute walk from the venue)
Nikko Hotel Osaka (About 5-minute walk from the venue)
- Osaka is the 2nd largest city of Japan.
- Osaka is chosen as the worlds 3rd most safe city.
- Osaka is only 35 minutes away from Kyoto and a 2.5-hour bullet train ride from Tokyo.
- Osaka has the population over 10 million.
- Most of Osaka was destroyed during WWII.
- Osaka is home to Universal Studios Japan, Osaka Castle, Dotonbori, Tsutenkaku, Shitennoji and Kaiyukan (one of the largest aquariums in the world) .
- Most of famous Japanese comedians tend to be from Osaka.
- Osaka has many local dishes such as takoyaki and okonomiyaki.
- Osaka is home to famous teams (e.g. Hanshin Tigers Baseball team) and world wide known universities (e.g. Osaka University).